Each Tuesday, I will give you any injury news I can find that may affect your FFL team. And I'll tell you who I think are the Studs 'N Duds. Two things to remember: positions are QB RB WR & TE. I'm not bothering with Kickers or Defenses. Deal with it. As for the math, using a basic FFL scoring system that includes PPR, I'll tell you who really over shot their projected points and who really blew it. These are not necessarily the "hot" names in the NFL, but they are guys who the experts didn't expect to play this way and it could be a trend worth watching for both owners and waiver wire pickups.
You've survived Bye Week One 2013.... Only 8 more to go!
September 26-30, 2013
1. QB Jake Locker, Titans, hip injury, out
2. RB Darren McFadden, OAK, hamstring strain, probable
3. RB Alfred Morris, Redskins, rib contusion, bye week
4. WR Stephen Hill & Santonio Holmes, J-E-T-S, head injury / hamstring, both questionable
- +22 Tony Gonzalez, TE Atlanta – dude had an amazing week for an old guy!
- +18 Nate Washington, WR Tennessee – Jake Locker is out so Ryan Fitzpatrick will be playing this week and a vet like Nate could see a bunch of targets
- +17 Darren Sproles, RB New Orleans – yeah, so NO just ran all over Miami – literally. Nice to see Brees share the love with his RB this week.
- +16.5 Greg Jennings, WR Minnesota – yeah I’m a wee bit grumpy about this one. He’s done nothing all year for Ponder but you throw Matt Cassell in there and BAM Greg wants to play! Could see a trend as long as Ponder is out.
- +15 WR Galore! Torrey Smith BAL, Victory Cruz NYG, and Alshon Jeffrey CHI all came out with something to prove this week and nailed it!
- Other notable improvements: Le’Veon Bell saw his first action of the year after being hurt and came in nearly +14 this week. Jerricho Cotchery is another guy I had written off who had a great game, also coming in +14. Both are risky pickups but for a Bye Week replacement, why not?
- -12 Darren McFadden, RB Oak – Ok so he got hurt, but fragile guys are killing by FFL teams!
- -11 Stevie Johnson, WR Buf – he’s just continually having bad weeks. Facing the Cleveland defense and Joe Haden this week? Yeah, bench him.
- -10 Ray Rice, RB Balt – still injured, limited duty, don’t even bother putting him back into your line-up until he shows some life.
- -10 MJD and Bernard Pierce – not a good week for the RB and winter isn’t here yet!
- -9 Doug Martin, RB TampaBay, Chris Johson, RB Tenn – Both these guys were suppose to be fantasy gold regardless of their poor team play. Without Josh Freeman and Jake Locker, I expect the run game to rule. Instead, they are doing their imitations of the Invisible Man.
- Other notable crappy performances -9 Vincent Jackson, WR TampaBay and DeSean Jackson, WR Philly. Yeah the WR are having issues as well. Both these guys have serious talent and should straighten out but their teams are a mess right now. Be cautious.
That's it for me this week.... feel free to send me questions via twitter @ClvlndK8!